11 yrs dark chestnut East Friesian
The most related
and almost identical in breeding development to the Oldenburg horse was
East Friesian horse, whose homeland, neighboring the Oldenburg region,
spreads from the estuary
of the river
Weser to the borders of Netherlands. At one time, the East Frieslander
was more refined and less “lymphatic” than the Oldenburg. He has
actually more of the English blood but is also shape wise and racially
less balanced breed. That is why still in the early nineteen hundreds,
there were imported into the region the Oldenburg stallions and mares
which were later on bred in East Friesland region as well. The Oldenburg
stock was freely registered without objections into the East Frieslander
registry, but not the other way around. Thus happened, that the East
Friesland breed was founded very much like the Oldenburger by the Norman
line. The Norfolk line, stallion of Hanoverian
blood, suddenly disappears. Before the Second World War, a stallion named
also Norman was imported to East Friesland from France.
previously mentioned, the East Friesian horse was somewhat lighter,
“dryer” (lymphatic system of the legs), shorter and of livelier
temperament than the Oldenburger. He was mostly black or bay, but among the
purer breeds could be also found chestnuts even grays, which came from the
fine line of the stallion Tello.
The East Friesian horses were registered at one time in the “stud book” of Aurich. The brand was OF with a crown, placed on the left thigh
Ludvik K Stanek a.k.a.
from the 1953 Special Zoo-Technique - Breeding of Horses
Published in 1953 by the Czechoslovakian Academy of Agricultural Science and certified by the Ministry of Agriculture.
Written by: MVDr Ludvik Ambroz, Frabtisek Bilek, MVDr Karel Blazek, Ing. Jaromir Dusek, Ing. Karel Hartman, Hanus Keil, pro. MVDr Emanuel Kral, Karel Kloubek, Ing. Dr. Frantisek Lerche, Ing. Dr Vaclav Michal, Ing. Dr Zdenek Munki, Ing. Vladimir Mueller, MVDr Julius Penicka, pro. MVDr Emil Pribyl, MVDr Lev Richter, prof. Ing. Dr Josef Rechta, MVDr Karel Sejkora and Ing. Dr Jindrich Steinitz.