Clovite is a high potency natural vitamin supplement especially rich in vitamins A, D, and B12. Feed 1-2 tablespoons twice daily.
This product is very simple vitamin formula for just about any animal. I have used this product many times and what I like about it is the following.
- Horses do not get “high/hot” when on this supplement.
- In a prolonged use this vitamin formula doesn’t seem to so-called “burn out” the horse, as against in comparison with vitamins like Redglo.
- The general health of the horse is apparent mainly in the hair condition. The quality of the horse’s hoofs will also improve, since this product contains needed bean proteins like it is in the Soy Bean.
- I have noticed when feeding some other and more potent vitamin supplements to horses, that these seemed to bring the digestive system of the animal to some kind of imbalance, which often resulted, that the animals for some reason kept munching on dirt rather than on grass. This side effect was more apparent when using vitamins like Redglo or similar ones. I have noticed no such problem when using Clovite.
- It may be one of the “Old” vitamin formula and some folks will tell you that it is nothing more than a Soy Bean meal. Well, what ever it may be, it has produced nothing but good results to all the horses in my care, performance horses, breeding stock or any kind of horses alike. For a show horse, especially during show season Clovite is highly recommended.
- This product is inexpensive, 25 lb about $41.95.
Active Ingredient(s): Minimum vitamin guarantee (each pound contains):
110,000 U.S.P. units (242 u/g)
50,000 U.S.P. units (110 u/g)
136 mcg (0.3 mcg/g)
Ingredients: Soybean meal, soy flour, vitamin A and D oil, dicalcium phosphate, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin A and D3 supplement, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, calcium pantothenate, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin, biotin.
Indications: A vitamin supplement for all species of animals.
Dosage and Administration:
All Farm Animals: 1 to 3 lbs. to each 100 lbs. of feed.
Mature Cattle (milking or on full feed): 1 to 3 lbs. to each 100 lbs. of feed. Many dairymen prefer adding a handful to each feeding. Feedlot operators simply top off feed with the prescribed amount of CLOVITE®.
Calves (bucket fed): One (1) to two (2) tablespoonfuls a day in milk or ground feed.
Range Cattle: Supplemental feeding is simplified by mixing with salt – One (1) part to 10 parts salt, or 2½ lbs. to 25 lbs. salt. (These calculations are based on normal consumption of ¼ lb. of salt per day by a 1,000 lb. cow and 1/8 lb. per day by a 400 lb. steer.) To prevent the oxidation that tends to destroy all vitamin A compounds on prolonged exposure, mix only the amount normally consumed in a 3-week period.
Young Foals and Weanlings: One (1) to two (2) tablespoonfuls a day.
Brood Mares (latter half of pregnancy and lactation): Two (2) tablespoonfuls twice a day.
Ponies: One (1) tablespoonful a day.
Colts, Stallions and Horses in training: One (1) tablespoonful per 400 lbs. a day.
Birds including Poultry: 1 lb. to each 100 lbs. of feed.
Baby Pigs: 3% of the creep-feed.
Mink: One (1) level teaspoonful a day.
Presentation: 5 lb. pail, 12 lb. pail and 25 lb. bag.